Type of Services Provided:
- Engineering design
- Procurement of construction works and a Management Operation Contract
- Supervision of works (civil works and plant equipment)
- Supporting measures in Capacity Development all according to FIDIC-rules
Detailed Description of Project:
Until today, the wastewaters of several million people in the region of Managua are dismissed into the environment without proper treatment. For the City Centre, which is already equipped with a sewer system, a sewage treatment plant with capacity of 780,000 p. e. and 157,000 m³/d shall be constructed. The basic design is already existing and approve.
Continuous education and capacity development activities to support the project preparation and implementation were needed for successful execution of the assignment.
The consortium of RRI Beller Consult and Prof. Dr. Dr. Rudolph GmbH was appointed to carry out the detail design, to elaborate a management and operation contract, to support the procurement of construction works according to FIDIC-rules, and to supervise the construction works of the plant and the first year of plant operation.
At the current project status, the following results have been achieved:
- Full "business plan" for the project, including a tariff model and collection scheme,
- Supporting socio-economic research (price affordability, ability and willingness to pay),
- Basic design of the plant, including EIA,
- Turn key construction (FIDIC-based) and management & operation contract,
- Pre-qualification of 5 from 18 bidders
- Full tender documentation distributed.